Tuesday, 8 May 2012

It's time for our second song!

Thanks to all of you for reading, listening and enjoying our page so far. We've had over 1000 hits on our blog and over 250 followers on Twitter in our first week! Be sure to check out the links on the right-hand side, as well as the videos we post on each blog.

We're determined to expose children to music outside of the charts, including the usual pop stuff. I suppose we see pop music as a sweet, sugar snack to enjoy every now and then; everything else should be the rice and potatoes we eat everyday.
Enough with food metaphors! Having said all of that.... Mr A has produced a pop song!

This week, Mr A has a song about prime numbers for us. I have warned you about his obsession with funky music though. There are also guest vocals from Mr D and Optimus Prime. He was very expensive to draft in for the song but he was very professional. He even made a joke about Mr A's unfortunate smell. Anyway, enough about Mr D, on with the music!
 



NEW!!! - Download the lyrics on a word document here

Prime Numbers - Lyrics

A number that only divides by itself and one x 4

Chorus 
I'm a prime number baby
No-one can deny
I don't divide by any other number
It's just me, myself and I (and one)
I'm not part of an even number group
Nor am I in the fives
If it ends in 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8
You know it can't be prime
I'm a complicated kinda guy
You wont see me in the tables
But if your smart and you don't give up 
Then you just might be able

Chorus
I'm a prime number baby
No-one can deny
I don't divide by any other number
It's just me, myself and I (and one)   x 2

(Prime, prime, prime, prime etc)
2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47
There all your prime numbers to 50
Now you know them - Show them!

Chorus
I'm a prime number baby
No-one can deny
I don't divide by any other number
It's just me, myself and I (and one)  

Now  listen to how it's really done!
Micheal Jackson has had a highly successful, yet unusually controversial career which began when he was a young child. The Jackson 5 contained his whole family and became very famous in the 1970's. His solo career finally made him a household name with songs such as Thriller, Speed Demon and Scream. Check out this version of Bad from the movie Moonwalker, released in 1987.


 

We'll release a new song the same time next week!
Mr A, Mr C and Mr D

Resource Bank
Soft Schools - Prime Numbers to 100
Wart Games - Prime Numbers Resources 
Primary Resources - Colouring Word Document 
Primary Resources - Prime Factor Trees SMARTBoard Zip
TES Resources - Prime Numbers 

No comments: